Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Experience counts

Rate:

Maney has already seen many battles. Some call him Champion from the Lonely Mountain, because he has toughness, endurance and hard hit of a dwarf. He only smiles after hearing such remarks, because he is indeed a friend of dwarves and often visits Thorin's Hall for a few lagers with old friends. But however merry, he is never caught off guard and never lets go of his sharp blade and good old plated armour.


It's been quite a few weeks since I wanted to create an outfit for "The Borg Helm", a.k.a. Jeweller's Helm obtained during Treasure Hunt event sneak peek. First, I wanted to create an inspiration of the Borg from Star Trek, as this helm so much resembles their implants, but I've been unsuccessful so far. I wanted my first outfit in this year to be at least decent :), so no Borgs for today, I'm sorry. I experimented a bit anyway, because I've never tried mixing plated chest piece with cloth leggings so far - please let me know if you like the result in comments :)

Chest: Carn Dum Breastplate, black dye (Drop from Carn Dum)
Legs: Tattered Leggings of the Dunland Sage, black dye (Dunland quest)
Head: Jeweller's Helm, black dye (Treasure Hunt event)
Shoulders: Dwarf Leather Shoulder Guards of Might, black dye (world drop)
Hands: Hyrde-folme, black dye (Dunland quest)
Feet: Rusted Boots of the Dunland Berserkers, black dye (Dunland quest)
Back: Warden's Wrap, black dye (Warden's of Annuminas reputation barter)

3 comments:

  1. A very interesting-looking outfit, I really like it! (: I didn't even notice the helmet at first, so you managed to blend it in very well. The mixing of plate and cloth looks great too, I think it really highlights the plate pieces in the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great-looking outfit, with all the pieces so inky-black. I think the plate chest and cloth leggings really do work well here, especially because the white cloth of the shirt under the breastplate is visible on his sleeves. I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cloth pants and the heavy chest together. I think they blend well because of the black on them.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...